There is a blogger themed post going around right now and I got tagged by the Lovely Krysten who blogs over at The Misadventures of a Darwinian Fail. She’s also a superhero and someone that I truly look up to when I’m down on myself.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules (check!)
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Select 11 peeps and tag them on twitter, facebook, or on their blog
1. I have two belly buttons. I had a surgery when I was a wee one that left me with a scar that looks like a smaller belly button under my real one. It does get photoshopped out of magazine photos but my competition photos always show my scar 🙂
2. I’m extremely emotional. Happy commercials make me cry. Remember those Kodak Moments ones. Done. Tears.
3. I’m getting married this August and have a Wedding Spreadsheet which currently has 18 different tabs. Can you say OCD much?
4. My morning routine is very liquidy. I drink a warm glass of water with 1/4 of a lemon squeezed into it. Then coffee. Then a protein shake and if I have a morning workout planned I drink a pre-workout called Serum by my sponsors Magnum Neutraceuticals.
5. I grind my teeth and wear a sexy mouth guard to bed.
6. I used to play Ultimate Frisbee in the summer but it’s really tough on my knees with all the twisting and turning while running.
7. I ran my first 10K this summer doing the Toronto Zoo Run and loved sprinting up the hills. I’m a masochist.
8. I’m obsessed with candles and love lighting as many as possible at night in the winter.
9. I have recently gone from Team BlackBerry to Team iPhone and loving it.
10. When I get married I’m debating keeping my professional name as Baldwin since I’ve developed a personal brand or just taking the plunge and making the change.
11. I could eat smoked salmon by the tonnage. I just discovered today that smoked salmon on rice cakes is deliciouso!
Questions from Darwinian Fail
1. What is your theme song for this year and why?
I Will Survive. I’ve had a really rough transition into the New Year. I’ve had a couple of broken heel moments, battled with emotional eating and a bit of depression/sadness/hard on myself so I’m really looking forward to bouncing back stronger and more me!
2. What is the one thing you could never live without?
I’m well known for always having my phone in my hand or in close reach. I may tend to get anxiety if it dies before I can plug it in.
3. Who or what inspires you?
While we’re on the subject of Krysten from Darwinian Fail. She has recently come into my life because of #fitblog chats on Twitter and we’re both a part of the FitFluential ambassador program. We have recently met IRL (in real life) and her story is inspiring and pushes me to be better. Check out her blog for her story. I’ll let her tell it to you 🙂 Link at the top of this post.
4. What is your dream vacation?
I am getting married this August and my dream vacation was a honeymoon in Fiji. We are only taking a week vacation and would rather spend longer there so we’re doing Turks instead. But Fiji is really high on my dream vacation list.
5. Brag time, tell me what you are most proud of accomplishing?
I’m really proud of several milestones. Graduating from McMaster University. Becoming a Sponsored Athlete in 2011 with Magnum Neutraceuticals and being published in my first fitness workout in Best Health.
6. Sparkles, yea or neh?
Yea & Neh. I’m not a totaly girly girl. But I do love my new Sparkly Soul Headbands. Did you see I’m giving away two headbands in one of my posts?
7. What is the best thing you ever ate?
Every time I enjoy a treat meal of Haageen Dazs Ice Cream it’s the best thing I’ve ever ate.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
I am a reality TV addict. I can name all the women on The Bachelor after the first episode. I can discuss the Jersey Shore peeps as if they were my friends and all those obscure ones like Temptation Island or The Challenge, I’ve probably watched.
9. What is your favourite form of exercise?
Right now I’m a huge fan of tabata interval workouts. I can do them at home. I break a great sweat and I get a full body workout!
10. What are you afraid of?
Failure. Dying Young.
11. Who is your celebrity crush?
I’m not a huge celebrity person but I absolutely adore the cast of Flashpoint. They are an amazing Canadian show. It probably helps that they’ve filmed episodes outside my old workplace and I would stalk them on my lunch break 😉 Oh and Spike goes to my local Starbucks! lol
My Questions For My Tags
1. Favourite New TV Show?
2. Best Book You’ve Read In The Past Year?
3. What Period Of History Fascinates You?
4. What “$h*t ______ Say” Video on YouTube Do You Like The Best?
5. Who Is Your Fitness Inspiration?
6. Best Movie You Saw In The Past Year?
7. Favourite Group Exercise Class?
8. Favourite Colour To Wear To Workout?
9. What Is Your Dream Job?
10. What Is Your Favourite (we Canadians spell it right!) Quote?
11. What Is One Thing You Would Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?
You’ve Been Tagged!!
1. Courtney – Pancakes and Postcards
2. Lindsay – In Sweetness And In Health
3. Laura – Scribbles & Sass
4. Callie – The Wannabe Athlete
5. Jocelyn – Enthusiastic Runner
6. Callie – Rock The Dogs
7. Ashley – My Food N Fitness Diaries
8. Nicole – Making Good Choices
9. Melissa – Live, Love and Run
10. Sarah – Sarahfit.com
11. Julia – Nuggle Mama