Saw this questionnaire on both Coco & Lowe and The Broken Heel Diaries. Coco and Krissy and I have similar thoughts but I wanted to fill one out for myself so I could look back on my thoughts at the end of this year to see where I was at the beginning.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I don’t believe in perfect happiness either. I believe in striving for awesomeness. My idea of being happy is being able to understand and discover myself, giving and getting love and being healthy and having energy to achieve life.
2. What is your greatest fear?
My biggest fear is complacency, failure or a life lived short.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Being too sensitive sometimes. The waterworks can be annoying.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I like both Coco’s answer of Self righteousness and Broken Heel’s answer of Presumptuousness. So to take it one step further and simplify. Mine would be smugness.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
My mother, for being the lady who taught me how to be organized, cook, clean, inspire others, be giving and selfless and always showing me unconditional love w/ restrictions that make me want to be a better person.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Shoes, travel and fitness workout gear and equipment
7. What is your current state of mind?
Excited about striving in my advertising career, reaching new goals and finding my purpose as a fitness model, growing in my relationships and continuing to be happy
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Beauty – as a model and a fitness competitor I live in a superficial world but continue to challenge myself to see beauty in all things and in all forms, and as one who works in the advertising world I understand the world of photoshop but am constantly challenged on my views of its uses
9. On what occasion do you lie?
When I don’t want to hurt someone
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Some days I wish I didn’t have a mole on my nose or a second bellybutton scar or bags under my eyes when I cry or laugh lines around my mouth or more muscle on my bones. At the end of the day I am me. I strive to improve my fitness. I feel great and I know I’m cute, hot and sexy and survival in a superficial world is important by exuding confidence no matter what.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
Took too much thought for one to pop into my mind so I choose not to despise any.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
I agree with Broken Heel’s list: Ambition, Sense of Humor, Loyalty, Well Mannered and I’ll add Communication Skills and Ability to Show Love
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Caring, Thoughtfulness and Mutually Beneficial Feelings vs. Competitive Nature against other women
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Awesome, Really? Really?, Seriously? and C’mon
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Building my career and fitness are the whats and the whos are my family and my boyfriend
16. When and where were you happiest?
I lead a happy life. Always having great moments that make it so worthwhile. Fav moments would be laughing at home in Ottawa, appearing on stage in a musical, running onto the field for the first time as a CFL cheerleader, walking onto a fitness stage for the first time, working out, and any time spent with my boy. They all rank pretty high for me.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could act like Sandra Bullock in chick flick after chick flick
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would not be so shy in new and unknown situations
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Not sure I’ve achieved it. When I was in grade 4 I thought it was getting a medal for perserverance and determination for finally getting my times tables. In High School I thought it was running a leadership camp and graduating. In University I thought it was after appearing in many musicals, running large Commerce events and then graduating. Then getting my first job, then etc. etc. I believe that every achievement whether great or small is a greatest moment in your life.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I wouldn’t. I don’t believe in reincarnation so I get one shot at this.
21. Where would you most like to live?
I would like to live in Toronto, Vancouver, LA, Paris, and Mykonos. I like the idea of traveling w/ the seasons.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
My family, love of my life and my health
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Not knowing how to improve oneself from that spot
24. What is your favorite occupation?
Anything that makes you excited to get up on Monday morning
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
Stubborn to a fault. Sensitive sometimes beyond reason.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
Anything that makes them who they are
27. Who are your favorite writers?
Jodi Piccoult, Sophie Kinsella, and Emily Giffin – only ones that come to mind right now
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Any Disney Princess
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I’ve never thought about this one. So I’m going to go with I don’t.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
31. What are your favorite names?
Nathan, Reilly, Bryce, and Maddie
32. What is it that you most dislike?
People who are fake. I can smell it a mile away. I should know I was a cheerleader.
33. What is your greatest regret?
Will not live life with regrets. Just what can I do better in the future.
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve always imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau