Gratitude: a feeling of thankfulness. Ok so now I’m wondering what does being thankful really mean? So off to dictionary.com I go and it means expressing one’s appreciation for people, places and things… ok I got this!
I love Thanksgiving. I love being home in Ottawa surrounded by my immediate family. I love to see the tree’s leaves in their colour change glory and I love that I can take a step back to dwell on my blessings. When I focus on being in a positive mindset and celebrating good things and it’s a lot easier to reframe bad things as good when they happen.
Here are 14 things I’m thankful for in 2014:
1. A body that has pushed new limits in my fitness journey to accomplish two 10K races, 5 trail races and 6 obstacle course races in one year.
2. Parents that would move mountains for me. I’m beyond spoiled, appreciative and utterly grateful that they created a life where their children are supported and loved.
3. New fitness friends from Alpha Obstacle Training, social media and the running community who have shown me that amazing new friendships can grow even as an adult.
4. A career path at Kobo that is exciting and fulfilling. I still can say that this is my dream job. I am able to contribute to meaningful marketing programs that impact the company. I respect and adore my coworkers and I love going to work, some days don’t even realize it’s 5 pm.
5. For the courage to write a full-length self-development book this year that shares my story, my years of healing and will hopefully impact the life of another. I cannot wait to work on it some more over the next few months and finally put it out into the world in 2015.
6. For #theface and everything it means. I love adventure, capturing memories, having fun at all times and living life with excitement. I love capturing life moments and laughing at myself along the way.
7. For the BCBD Transformation Retreat (Part 1 & Part 2) I went to in Mexico with 12 amazing ladies that just filled my heart with love to tackle this year with goal-setting excitement.
8. For the financial means & vacation time off work to travel to Nicaragua on my own this year for my first solo trip. I cannot wait to surf, practice yoga, read & just be on the beach during every spare moment possible.
9. For the loss of friendships this year that no longer were a positive impact on my life.
10. For relationships that came and went, that allowed me to open my heart, continue to learn how to deal with hurt and learn what is good for me and what is not.
11. For my social media world that laughs with me, hopefully, finds inspiration and motivation when they need it and build me up & keep me accountable when I need a boost of confidence to tackle new projects.
12. For discovering bulletproof coffee and hugging a warm cup every morning.
13. For my voracious appetite for reading and all the books that have influenced me this year.
14. For celebrating my grandmother’s 95th birthday with our extended family
There is so much more to be grateful for but for now, I’ll cherish this list.