You can find previous Podcast episodes here!
Definition of an Alpha Female
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first because she deserves self-care and love. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
Welcome To The Show Robyn Birkin!
For some people, having a baby is easy, but for others, like Robyn Birkin, it’s a long and tough rollercoaster. Her journey starts off just like most of us. She thought having a baby would take no time at all. A year later, she found herself at the fertility clinic, and several ovulation inductions, IUI’s, IVF cycles, OHSS and a miscarriage later, finally conceived.
Now, she is passionate about helping you not only survive the process, but thrive! Her superpower? Helping type A women find calm, confidence and happiness in their TTC journey and feel like warriors. She is a little woo woo. A lot straight shooter and has never turned down a bowl of mashed potato and if you love Salt n Pepa, well… you’re soul sisters.
As the host of the Fertility Warriors podcast, she interviews other fertility warriors and shares advice and tips on how to conceive, how to navigate the world of fertility treatments, and how to be your best and healthiest self. Robyn Birkin is the author of Screw Infertility, the core educator for The Fertility Warrior Intensive course – a 12-week program for women struggling to manage the stress of infertility. You can find her at robynbirkin.com and on Instagram at @robynbirkin.
What is your favourite quote?
There is a Japanese Proverb that I love – Fall down seven times, stand up eight. I also love the affirmation “I am human.”
What is your definition of happiness?
To me, happiness means being fully present, and fully aware. Being able to be present in the moment and recognize all of our blessings and the joy that we have, right now. Being able to acknowledge and love ourselves, as we are, right now, and having the self-awareness to know what we know and feel what we feel.
Free Game Changers PDF
It took Robyn two full years of trying to conceive, including IUI’s, IVF and a miscarriage that broke my heart… before three major things completely changed the game for me. Download her free PDF to discover exactly what those three things were.
Highlights From The Show
- 4:30 – How being an Alpha Female applies to a fertility journey
- 6:10 – How does Robyn cater to type A personalities
- 10:42 – Why some type-A personalities come to Robyn to start working with her and they are taking wayyyyyy too many supplements.
- 13:25 – Why did Robyn want to work with women on their fertility journey?
- 16:00 – Why a fertility journey can be lonely and how to find the right people to talk to about it.
- 18:15 – Why Robyn P didn’t reach out to others because she wasn’t able to sit with others’ grief during her infertility journey. And why free communities vs. guided groups are important to be able to guide the energy and lift the energy.
- 20:28 – Robyn Birkin shares her journey to becoming a mother
- 31:43 – Why is mindset work important on a fertility journey… Go to Robynbirkin.com/research for more information.
- 33:33 – How Robyn shifted her mindset during her second IVF cycle
- 39:50 – How life changed so rapidly for me in October 2019 – December 2019.
- 40:50 – How can we deal with grief on an infertility journey
- 52:00 – We discuss our perception of being happy only if we have children and when we start picturing the future.
- 54:04 – What are the top 3 areas that someone concentrating on pre-conception can focus on.
- 56:30 – How depression fuels inflammation in our body
- 58:00 – 3 things to do every day
- 1:02:00 – Robyn shares more about the Fertility Intensive program
- 1:04:40 – What advice Robyn would give her pre-pregnant self and her pre-mom self
- 1:09:15 – The power of the word AND
- 1:09:35 – Robyn’s definition of happiness
BUY IN THE US
BUY IN CANADA