You can find previous Podcast episodes here!
Definition of an Alpha Female
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first because she deserves self-care and love. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
Welcome To The Show Emma George!
Emma George is a Registered Nurse and Holistic Nutritionist, with a special interest in reproductive health and fertility. Emma is extremely passionate about helping others get to know their body better as a way of achieving their reproductive health goals. She loves educating and inspiring change through her Instagram account, online courses, and coaching programs.
She feels especially passionate about helping clients regulate and understand their natural menstrual cycle and the power of preconception health for optimizing fertility and pregnancy outcomes. She loves to educate and bring awareness to the concepts of epigenetics and fetal programming when it comes to fertility, pregnancy, and early childhood development. She feels that we have the power to help shape the future generation by mindfully supporting the overall wellness and lifestyles of parents and their children, from well before birth and beyond.
What is your favourite quote?
“Leave room for the magic” – Unknown
For Emma, this quote represents not overbooking yourself, and intentionally creating space for opportunities that you don’t know exist yet.
What is your definition of happiness?
My definition of happiness is a feeling you experience deep to your core when you are truly satisfied with the present moment. This moment is felt for me when I experience the beauty of nature, spend time with loved ones or when I reflect on the life I have intentionally created for myself. One that has been about forging new paths, living on my own terms and choosing to honour my true self.
Highlights From The Show
- 4:50 – How does being an Alpha Female apply to a fertility journey
- 6:32 – What mindset I was in when I wrote the definition of Alpha Female and how I wasn’t really thinking about my future fertility journey
- 8:50 – Why Emma focuses on fertility nutrition
- 11:30 – What drew Emma to get many certifications and why she’s addicted to education.
- 15:00 – What work/life harmony looks like for Emma at 22 weeks pregnant
- 17:50 – my hate on for synthetic hormonal birth control and how I miss my menstrual cycle
- 19:50 – talking about why you should have a plan when going off synthetic hormonal birth control
- 26:40 – what type of actionable steps should someone look for when planning to go off hormonal birth control
- 31:28 – why even a little bit of alcohol can cause mayhem on your liver
- 32:20 – what is involved in menstrual cycle tracking
- 37:15 – what apps I used to track my cycles, measuring my basal body temperature
- 40:02 – chatting about a menstrual tracking bracelet for impoverished communities that was created by a dōTERRA wellness advocate
- 43:07 – what 3 areas should someone focus on after nutrition on a fertility journey
- 46:00 – conversation around hormonal health and testing
- 49:14 – what is the Empowered Academy and who is this meant for
- 55:30 – how Emma is reducing her stress daily
- 59:00 – our love for paper planners
- 59:54 – what Emma would tell her pre-pregnant self
- 1:02:15 – meal prep for 1st trimester in addition to 4th trimester
- 1:04:00 – Emma’s definition of happiness