You can find previous Podcast episodes here!
Definition of an Alpha Female
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to her being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first because she deserves self-care and love. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
Welcome Back To The Show Dr. Rachel Corradetti-Sargeant!
You can listen to her first episode here.
Dr. Rachel Corradetti-Sargeant, ND was destined for a career in Naturopathic Medicine – she’s part total science nerd and part no-holds-barred health nut. During her undergraduate studies in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario, she learned that conceiving would likely be a struggle. Rachel worked with a naturopathic doctor to overcome these issues and it became clear to her that becoming a naturopathic doctor was her destiny.
Dr. Rachel studied at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon and the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, Ontario. Licensed through the College of Naturopaths of Ontario, and a professional member of the Canadian and Ontario Associations of Naturopathic Doctors, as well as the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Dr. Rachel is able to prescribe a small schedule of pharmaceuticals granted to naturopathic doctors, and intravenous infusion therapy.
With a special interest in fertility, she is passionate about empowering her patients to make healthy changes that help them conceive and maintain pregnancies.
She loves running triathlons, contributing to magazine articles (look for her in Clean Eating and Elle magazines), or making a giant mess in the kitchen whipping up the latest healthy desserts! She lives in Stoney Creek, Ontario with her husband and 2 children – both conceived with the assistance of preconception healthcare.
What is your favourite quote?
“TMI, NEU. Too much information, not enough understanding.” – Katie Couric
What is your definition of happiness?
Cozy blankets, warm socks, hot tea & a book.
Highlights From The Show
- 6:45 – revisiting the definition of an Alpha Female
- 7:40 – discussing how being an Alpha Female applies to a fertility journey
- 9:20 – how does work/life harmony and self-care change after becoming a mom
- 10:50 – why Dr. Rachel now focuses on helping fertility patients
- 15:20 – Dr. Rachel’s own fertility journey with an ectopic pregnancy and preeclampsia
- 23:00 – Why prenatal care and pre-conception planning is really important
- 24:30 – How Dr. Rachel is creating work/life harmony for herself
- 27:58 – What does Dr. Rachel do with patients that come to her with unexplained fertility.
- 32:06 – We talk about cycle tracking and something I’m embarrassed to admit.
- 34:56 – Discuss why it’s important to know what your hormone levels are like throughout your cycle.
- 39:00 – What areas of someone’s life she spends time counseling them on.
- 40:00 – 2 toxin exposures that blew my mind!
- 42:45 – Patience
- 47:30 – Work with practitioner when taking supplements for fertility
- 49:20 – Why pre-conception planning is soooo important
- 50:00 – A discussion around the term superwoman and how it applies to a fertility journey and as a new mom
- 52:05 – what piece of advice Dr. Rachel would give her pre-mom self
- 54:54 – what you should invest in as a new mom
- 55:00 – Stress reduction during pandemic times (including tea recommendations)
- 58:54 – Dr. Rachel shares about the Wild Collective
- 1:00: – What Dr. Rachel’s 2020 definition of happiness
Book Recommendations: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and the Fifth Vital Sign by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack and Lara Briden ND
BUY IN THE US
BUY IN CANADA