As a woman, you are coded for power, and the journey to realizing the fullness and beauty of that power – your Wild Power – lies in the rhythm and change of your menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle is a vital and vitalizing system in the female body, yet our understanding of and respect for this process is both limited and distorted. Few women really know about the physiology of their cycle, and many do not see it as an integral part of their health and wellbeing, let alone as a potential guide to emotional and spiritual empowerment. Wild Power tells a radical new story about feminine power.
- Your inner architecture and the path to power that is encoded in your body
- How to tune in to the rhythm and changes of your menstrual cycle to realize the fullness and beauty of your authority
- Three ‘maps’ to guide you through the energies, tasks
andchallenges presented as you journey through each cycle
- How to work with your Inner Seasons to pace your energy, calm your nervous system and gain insight into your overall wellbeing
- How to work with your cycle to channel spiritual forces, affirm your expression in the world and achieve a deep sense of belonging
What I Thought:
I absolutely loved this book. I was always hesitant to read it but as I’ve become more fascinated with learning about my menstrual cycle this was recommended to me and I loved it. I listened to it on Audible and wish I had a paper copy to go back and re-read.
I loved learning about the different phases and how to honour energy in the different phases. While the language was a bit too “flowery” for me, it makes sense. I think the idea that resonated most with me was observing when the inner critic comes out and how our partners can support us. Mike already intuitively does this. I’ll have said something hurtful and I bet if we traced it back it would be in my luteal phase right before menstruation. Mike then brings it up later when I’m more receptive to realizing what I said and we can discuss it, without it being heated.
I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to understand the feminine cycle, heal painful symptoms around their period or are looking to become more in touch with their body.