I adapted my recipe from ZenLizzie.
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain flour
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour *adapted from rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp chia seeds soaked in 1 tbs water
- 1 tbsp of honey *adapted from 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup Sucanat *adapted from Splenda/Stevia/Raw sugar
- 1/4 cup oil *I used coconut oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed *adapted from 2 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium shredded zucchini *adapted from 2 cups
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds *I didn’t use these this time round
*I didn’t use the almonds but you can if you like it nutty
Heat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Leave the coconut, blueberries & almonds aside.
Add wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir just until the batter is consistent throughout.
Fold in coconut, blueberries & almonds pour into 1 oiled loaf pan.
Cook for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick can be cleanly removed from center of loaf.