You can find previous Podcast episodes here!
Definition of an Alpha Female
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first because she deserves self-care and love. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
Welcome To The Show Sachi Doctor!
Sachi Doctor is the founder of Elemental Alchemy, offering personalized wellness services and handmade self-care products to support those navigating their way towards sustainable health. She is an Ayurvedic practitioner, holistic health educator and tea maker from a lineage of Indian healers and doctors and has been imbued in both Eastern tradition and Western medicine since childhood. Marrying the wisdom of these two worlds, Sachi blends Ayurvedic principles and yogic philosophy with physiology and functional nutrition to help individuals better understand their mind-body composition, empowering them with the information and tools necessary to reclaim agency for their health and live life on their own terms.
What is your favourite quote?
The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things. — Henry Ward Beecher
What is your definition of happiness?
It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. — F. Scott Fitzgerald
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
- 5:50 – What Sachi thinks of the Alpha Female definition
- 7:37 – Talking identity and discover her authentic self
- 9:11 – What Sachi’s work/life harmony is like and explains what balance and equilibrium are in the Ayurveda culture. It’s mind-blowing (well at least for me).
- 11:30 – What is her radar for feeling off kilter
- 11:53 – Sachi shares her Dosha and how hers relate to being an Alpha Female
- 13:00 – Sachi shares her autoimmune disease and how it’s associated with a Dosha Vata or Pitta imbalances
- 15:30 – Talking about having a health diagnosis as a child, and how Ayurveda has helped her get to know her body from the inside out.
- 17:30 – Talking about how Ayurvedic principles were just woven into her life from her early years and when she chose to dive into learning more as a practitioner.
- 21:30 – Chatting about how robust Ayurveda is
- 22:10 – Talking about how Sachi is a tea maker and the best Ayurveda principle “like increases like and opposites balance”
- 26:00 – Talking about how to teach others to look inside oneself and how to re-connect with the body and how to stop focusing on what’s wrong vs. what are they doing right.
- 30:00 – Talking about health pain points in terms of Ayurveda qualities
- 33:00 – Talking about self-care trends and how they feel in our body
- 37:00 – Chatting about how Sachi nourishes herself based on seasons or Dosha imbalances
- 45:20 – Laughing about how in yoga and in Ayurveda there is this beautiful statement called “it depends”
- 46:40 – How to manage you Doshas depending on the seasons
- 48:00 – How environments affect our Doshas
- 51:00 – Talking about feeling broken and needing fixing – Alchemy of Illness book mention – and control notions and demanding growth of us
- 57:00 – Sharing how she’s using western & eastern medicine to care for herself now
- 1:00:46 – The duality of dark and light and that health is not a fixed state