You can find previous Podcast episodes here!
Definition of an Alpha Female
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first because she deserves self-care and love. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
Welcome To The Show Kelli Tennant!
Kelli Tennant is the host of Ceremony Wellness Podcast + creator of The Journey Within healing series. As an autoimmune warrior herself, Kelli helps women heal their physical and emotional pain through Functional Medicine, Ayurveda, and spiritual development. She has authentic conversations with the leading voices in wellness, alternative medicine, and spiritual growth to give women the tools to heal and create the life they’ve been longing for. Kelli’s natural ability to hold space and guide women to become their best selves has changed thousands of lives across the country.
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
- 5:30 – Kelli’s Bio and my Intro
- 7:45 – Kelli’s thoughts on the definition of what an Alpha Female is
- 15:46 – Kelli’s story around her autoimmune diagnosis
- 19:50 – Chatting about being too much in our masculine energy from a young age
- 22:00 – Chatting about non-toxic products to try and eliminate the toxic load on our bodies to remove the cumulative effect on our bodies
- 29:30 – How Kelli discovered Ayurveda
- 30:00 – Discussing Ayurveda as a layer of healthcare that is important in addition to blanket healthcare tools like Autoimmune Paleo
- 40:00 – Discussing how Autoimmune Paleo serves us and doesn’t serve us and reintroductions of food. Robyn also confesses that she’s learning to limit her red meat consumption and what type of animal protein she could be consuming for variety.
- 44:30 – Discussing orthorexia and whether those who eating strictly for healing are seen as suffering from this label
- 45:45 – Robyn shares about being triggered in a local Ottawa AIP FB group and why she’s learned about not being prescriptive to other people around what they eat. Kelli shares about the dangers of Autoimmune FB groups and how people can be defined by their illness.
- 51:00 – Kelli shares what she wishes her younger self knew
- 52:00 – Kelli shares the tools that help her out of moments of despair or low moments
- 54:00 – Talking about sisterhood
- 55:30 – Kelli shares a paint point she’s solving for as an Alpha Female it’s not shocking that it’s around slowing down, being competitive and control
- 58:00 – Talking all things personality and how it may have contributed to dis-ease in the body
- Please enjoy Havoc serenading us on the podcast around this time because there were kid’s biking on the street in front of our house 🙂
- 1:02:05 – Why self-care can become overwhelming when we try and control and overachieve at it!
- 1:03:25 – Kelli’s definition of happiness
What is your favourite quote?
“Her rebirth was stunning- she lifted herself up from the depths of despair, grasped her dreams, embedded them in her heart, and walked forward into a future that only her will and vision could control.” – Yung Pueblo
What is your definition of happiness?
Happiness is stepping into the world as the most authentic version of yourself and pursuing what lights up your soul.
Become a Patreon Supporter & Support The Alpha Female Podcast
Android users you can also find on Stitcher!