We had a short stay in Zurich, Switzerland (2 days but it’s worth mentioning the 2 amazing things we did!
Things To Do
- Mt. First Adventure: I booked this quite far in advance not realizing it was in Lucerne and not Zurich. So we woke up super early, jump on a train to Lucerne, then the bus to Interlaken (quite pit stop where we bought technical pants – since it was raining – this is the Banff of Switzerland) and then to Grindelwald for the adventure. It was absolutely amazing in the rain so I would expect it to be even more amazing if you could actually see the view off the mountain lol. We decided that we want to come back to Switzerland for longer. Actually, rent a cabin and do our hiking thing when we’re more prepared and in better weather.
- Rent Lime Bikes to Get Around The City: The next day after our adventure we were quite tired so we downloaded the Lime app and grabbed nearby electric scooters and rode all around town on them!
Where We Stayed:
Our AirBnB: We had booked a really nice place by the lake but they cancelled one week before we left for our trip. So I found this one instead and it was good (not great).
The place was on the top floor, with lots of stairs (not a big deal) but with sloped roofs
Where To Eat:
- Hotel Steinbock (Grindelwald – After Mt. First Adventure): I had the most amazing venison, mushrooms & swiss gnocchi. Hands down one of the best meals I’ve had all trip!
- Cafe Sprungli: We had brunch here one morning, I forgot to take pics I was
- Zeughouskeller: 5 star rated restaurant in the hear of Zurich. Mike had the Kalbsgeschnetzeltes
nachZürcher Art (pan-fried sliced veal and mushrooms in a delicious creamy white-wine sauce) which he adored. Mine not so much. See sausage & potato pancake below! It was ok, just boring.
Great stop on the trip to break up cities between Munich and Paris but we really didn’t have enough time in this city to discover it well.