It’s that time of year again! It’s my birthday on Saturday, July 16 and I couldn’t be more excited! For the past three years I’ve celebrated by doing planned acts of love. Because my birthday has previously fallen on a weekday I usually manage to do around 10 acts myself and rally my friends, family & social media community to do one act of love in my honour so that all the acts combined add up to my age!
Here’s how 33 turned out. This year I’m turning 34 on Saturday. Since my birthday falls on a weekend, my boyfriend, Mike and I are going to attempt to do all 34 acts together!
Of course I’d still love if you commit an act of kindness in my honour and bring a little bit more love into the world this weekend. If you feel like documenting it please share it on social media with the hashtag #34actsoflove & #randomactsofkindness.
Here are 24 acts we’re going to try and commit. Mike told me that he planned 10 surprises ones so I only had to come up with 24.
- Buy coffee for someone in line behind me
- Buy granola bars for the homeless
- Bring clothes to a homeless shelter
- Put motivational quotes on cars
- Buy flowers and hand out to ladies
- Help a senior put their grocery bags in their car
- Return grocery carts to their huts
- Bring flowers to a retirement home
- Write thank you cards for local firemen & policemen
- Free hugs
- Hand out $5 Kobo gift cards
- Looney on a vending machine
- Looney on parking meters
- Walk dogs at the Humane Society
- Bring healthy muffins to the staff at the Humane Society
- Get well cards to sick kids at CHEO
- Gift certificates for coffee to nurses
- Colouring books for kids at a park
- Mike is going to donate blood in my honour
- Pick up garbage on the parkway
- High five runners on the parkway
- Drop of canned goods to food bank
- Mow a neighbour’s lawn
- Bake desserts for neighbours
+ 10 Secrets Ones Mike Apparently Has Planned for Us
Stay tuned for an update of how the day went next week!
One thought on “34 Acts of Love”
This is so cool, Robyn! What a great idea!! I will happily do an act of Love in celebration of you on July 16!! Happy, Happy, Birthday!!!